In a reform, as in a new building, we call finishing the use of different materials on different surfaces, and it is one of the things that must be valued the most. There are different types of finishes, and each of them is going to give a different impression.
Different types of finishes
The different types of finishes for the dwellings are divided according to the surfaces they cover.
- Plastering (exteriors) or plastering (interiors). It is simply a layer of mortar and plaster that serves to smooth and uniform the surface of the wall. Although it is usually a layer prior to painting or coating, it can also be left visible.
- Paint. It may have different aspects depending on the type of paint and the level of gloss. There are matt, satin, pearlescent paints, with effects…
- Tiling: tile covering, very common in bathrooms and kitchens and other work areas because they are easy to clean. However, it is also increasingly being used on exterior facades.
- Coated: this is a coating of lime and powdered marble that is applied in layers, leaving a rough and natural-looking surface. In addition, it allows artistic effects such as stencil, with very interesting results.
- Whitewashed or whitewashed: similar to stucco, but lighter, applied as a paint.
FLOOR FINISHES: COATINGS
- Rigid pavements: are those that are laid in pieces, from wooden pallets to paver floors, tiles, brickwork …
- Continuous pavements: they are laid by pouring some type of material that is spread over the floor, from concrete to some types of resin.
- Flexible pavements: extend over the floor in the form of a roll or adhesive. The main ones are vinyl flooring and carpets.
FINISHES FOR VARIOUS SURFACES (COUNTERTOPS, SINKS, SINKS, HANDRAILS)
As far as the rest of the surfaces are concerned, the materials are very varied and each of them provides a different aesthetic and functional sensation. In worktops, for example, marble gives a sensation of luxury, while treated wood usually gives a sensation of modernity and warmth. In washbasins and sinks the great options are porcelain, plastic materials and metal.